Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Since it's Halloween, I'll put two poems up.
Happy Hauntings!


A Haunting

The leaves are changing the way they always do; the sky grows dimmer.
Streetlights flicker on; my memories are reflected in the shadows.
It was under this darkened sky by the dim light of the moon that I met my ghost.
He came with no warning; caught me by surprise as ghosts often do. 

Streetlights flicker on; my memories are reflected in the shadows.
The ghost lurked in those shadows, frightened of the resolution in the light.
He came with no warning; caught me by surprise as ghosts often do. 
I didn’t know he was a ghost, but the blood he shed was a beacon.

The ghost lurked in those shadows, frightened of the resolution of the light.
When he came into my night, my lights stayed on; the shadows were destroyed. 
I didn’t know he was a ghost, but the blood that he shed…it was a beacon.
I once was afraid of ghosts, but when his darkness hit me, all I gave was love.

When he came into my night, my lights stayed on; his shadows were destroyed. 
The resolution no longer burned his eyes and he left his pain behind.
I’m not afraid of ghosts, because when his darkness hit me, all I felt was love.
His love came with no warning. Caught me by surprise, as love often does.

The resolution no longer burned his eyes and he left my pain behind.
The leaves are changing; as they do the sky grows dimmer.
My love came with no warning.  Caught me by surprise, as love often does.
It was under this darkened sky by the dim light of the moon that I lost my ghost.



Molly

Molly was an only child whose parents gave her everything but love.
The wealthy couple hired nanny after nanny to raise their darling.
The help soon quit, for in Molly’s wake were dead pets and even one dead maid.
For her deeds she was made to see a shrink, but Molly swore her innocence.
Words like attachment disorder and conduct disorder were thrown about.
So Molly’s parents showered her with more gifts and even their attention.

Molly lost all trust in her parents when they wouldn’t believe her version.
So she turned to the man she’d feared, the one in the attic lurking about.
It was only she who could see him, but she knew what she saw made no sense.
When she finally spoke to him, she wondered why she’d ever been afraid.
He believed in her innocence, and she thought that Teddy was quite charming.
Teddy became Molly’s best friend, whom to others she never did speak of.

Molly knew that unlike her parents, Teddy actually gave her his love.
Molly shared with him all her secrets, even when her health started ailing.
She grew sicker as her thirteenth birthday neared; each night before bed she prayed.
For her party, her parents invited twelve of her friends and spared no expense. 
But on that night, Molly and all her friends were killed when a fire broke out.
From the ashes of the thirteen dead girls
Ted rose again
And he had lots ‘o killin’ to catch up on.