Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pain Haikus

Because what else does one do at one in the morning when kept awake by pain?

Hot beds of needles,
And a twisting rope outside;
Here comes the hammer. 

A crimping iron
Squeezing and squeezing my toes 
Tighter and tighter.

Give me a dull roar
So I can drift into sleep
And dance in my dreams.

I dreamt that Norm danced,
He was on a stage laughing.
But, maybe he did.

Do you want to know,
How dark it is in this place,
Or should I pretend?

I thought mine was bad, 
And then I felt her troubles;
My tears were for her.

One moment in time.
Two people in different worlds.
I'll never forget.

Okay, so I went a little off the subject of pain there. Sort of. I suppose that's good. I'll probably regret writing this in the morning, by morning I mean when I wake up, since it already is morning. 
I apologize for the darkness, but it's the middle of the night and I'm in pain, and poetry is about all the things, the darkness and the light, the fluffy and the spiky. 
Goodnight. 
Hopefully.