Thursday, June 2, 2016

City of Secrets--Secrets Soon Revealed

     City of Secrets is getting closer and closer to being ready to be released. I have gotten several important steps out of the way. The big thing I took care of over the past week was the cover art. I was really worried about this. I wanted to find a nice balance between awesome, and not too over the top crazy for a serial. Well, I found it.

     And...

     That's all I'm going to say for now. Reveal coming soon. Very soon. Don't worry.

     I also got a description/blurb written that I'm fairly pleased with. The "I'm pleased with it" part is the big deal. I have to thank my writer's group, especially Elly, for this. Elly spent a couple Tuesday's at Ziggy's preventing me from ripping my hair out. Yeah, if you're thinking that after writing an entire novel, that writing a short description about it would be easy, you're wrong. BLURBS ARE HARD. They're an awful lot like query letters, and those are even harder. They're so hard, they almost make me want to stop writing. I don't wanna write a novel if I have to write a description of it when I'm done! Okay, so that's slightly melodramatic, but I decided that I'm allowed.

     I will also be revealing the blurb soon, along with a short teaser, because in all of this preparing I've FINALLY BEGUN TO WRITE! YAY!

     I'm going to say that in the next three weeks, give or take, City of Secrets will be out. Yay. And I will be calling myself a published author. Not published in the way I'd initially hoped with all the glamor and money and movie deals and fame (yeah right) that goes with being a published author, but hey,  it counts, it's a step, and I'm excited.

     There are still some things I need to do, but for the most part, I'm ready to do nothing but write, which is relieving because I'm a writer. All writers really want to do is write. Oh yeah, I guess I have to do marketing from time to time, which is ongoing, which is the opposite of relieving, but I've already resigned myself to that fate. I'm just going to do the best I can, and see what happens. The best thing about all of this, is that I'm in charge here. Nobody else is, and that's wonderful.

     Here's to putting a toe in the water.

     Wish me luck. And read my story. It's coming soon.