Tuesday, July 19, 2016

City of Secrets--Chapter 1 is finally released!

Yay! It's finally the 19th! It felt like it would never get here. The first chapter of my YA paranormal, City of Secrets is finally released on JukePop Serials. I will be releasing a new chapter every Tuesday, for the most part.

Before I post the link I'm going to explain a bit about how JukePop works. First, it's free to readers, and you don't need to log in to JukePop to read the stories, which is great. So how do I make money? Well, I'm probably not going to. It's more about getting my story and my name out there, getting my feet wet, learning from my mistakes, and having fun. My tentative plan at this point is to hopefully get some feedback from readers on this version, polish it up, and then release it on Amazon, but that won't be for awhile.

All of that being said, there is a potential to make a little bit of money, maybe enough to take my wonderful boyfriend to dinner, or maybe make back the money spent on my beautiful cover. That's where you awesome readers come in. JukePop works on a system of plus voting (similar to likes). Readers vote on the stories they like, and every month the thirty stories with the most votes get (small) cash awards. In order to hit the plus vote button, you have to log in to JukePop. The good news is, you can do it with Facebook. The better news is, they don't inundate you with emails, and I promise I'm not just saying that because I want you to log in and plus vote me. It's actually true. I logged in months before I submitted my story, and I'd actually forgotten that I'd already made an account. The only emails they'll send you are the ones you sign up for, like if you click a story and add it to your bookshelf, you'll get emails every time the author adds a chapter. 

Other than the voting, it would be awesome if readers would give me constructive comments and feedback, because I'm always striving to learn and grow. So, I'd love it if you'd join and vote for me (but only if you like my story), but this is the only time I'm going to ask people to do so. I'm just going to post updates on my chapters, but not drive people up the wall about voting, because I hate it when people do that stuff. If you want to read it, that's awesome, if you don't, that's cool too.

So, here's the linky thing. Yep, that's what they're called now.