Monday, October 24, 2016

More Monster Poetry--Zombies have voices too

A Zombie’s Plight

I’m walking in a world of beating hearts
A world that always snubs my cold dead corpse.
She is the worst. I approach; she departs.
I fear she’ll be there when they come with pitchforks.

Should I be punished for my awful stench?
I did not ask to crave to eat your brain.
I only want to converse here on this bench,
But you run; my existence is a bane.

I’m stuck in this endless monotony
Because I chose to study medicine.
If only I’d just studied botany,
Then she wouldn’t shun me like a villain.

I will not be doomed to amble alone,

For only one scratch will make her my own.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it! You'll be my new best friend forever if you take a few seconds to like my Facebook page facebook.com/beckymunyonauthor  Thanks! You're awesome!! :)