Thursday, April 6, 2017

Because I Love You--A Poem

Here's another poem I wrote a while ago. This is one of my weirder ones. Okay, they're all kind of weird.


Because I Love You

Until I looked upon your face, I walked through a deadened world.
It was only when you looked back at me that I began to live my life.
When I pulled you into my arms and sealed it with a kiss, you stole my very soul.
Your love pumped blood into my veins and melted my frozen heart.
You are my one and only, my soul mate, my everything.

You ask what it is I love about you, and I answer: everything.
I love the way I get to show you off as mine to the rest of the world.
Your pretty face and thin frame—it better stay that way—excite my heart.
I love the way we’re together in a cocoon; just the two of us in this life.
There’s just a few things I need to do to help you improve your soul.

When I show you the necessary changes, know that it comes from the goodness of my soul.
You don’t know what is best for you; just let me take care of everything.
It’s only out of love that I follow you around to make sure I’m the only one in your life.
When I scream at you, it’s only so you’ll hear me over the rest of the world.
I mean it when I say that in spite of your many flaws, I love you with all my heart.

So how can you look me in the eye and tell me love is blind and shatter that heart?
All that I had I gave to you, so how can you make me a solitary soul?
Don’t you know that I am the only one for you in all of the world?
All’s fair in love and war, and I see only one chance to gain back everything.
So I wait for you, helpless and alone, on the edge of my life.

But all you do is call the ambulance and abandon me again to a lonely life,
Digging the knife in deeper when you tell me you’ve given another your heart.
He isn’t good for you; He’ll take from you everything.
He drags you to his boring hobbies; He clearly doesn’t know your soul.
Soon he will see what a loser you are and leave you alone in the world.

Where my heart will be waiting; together our love will conquer all of the world.
You will see that I make you a better you; I am the only thing for you in this life.
So please, I beg you, give to me your soul, give to me your everything.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thanks for reading! I'd love it if you'd take a sec to like me on Facebook. Thanks