Saturday, April 8, 2017

City of Secrets Update

Hi, everyone! If you've been reading my blog and/or following me on Twitter/Facebook, then you know I have a YA Paranormal serial novel I've been working on called "City of Secrets". If you've been reading it (of course you have, it's awesome) then you might be wondering why there haven't been any new chapters lately, or an explanation as to why there are no new chapters. Well, rest easy, I am about to enlighten you.

"City of Secrets" is currently published on a website for serial fiction called JukePop Serials. To be perfectly honest, my experience with this site has been less than stellar. All right, let's be real. JukePop sucks. Plain and simple. From what I've gathered, they didn't always suck. Their suckiness is a recent development. The biggest issue I have, is that it's not just me who is having problems. My readers are having issues, and that is something I cannot tolerate.

1.) The site is slow. And I'm talking nineties dial-up slow.

2.) The admins are also nineties dial-up slow in regards to responding to emails. At best, they respond to a question in 2 weeks, but it's usually closer to a month.

3.) Their mobile app is crap. Absolute total crap.

4.) The admins don't do anything. Not a thing. Their FAQs page hasn't been updated in over a year. Their blog hasn't been updated in over a year. They have yet to update their FAQs to reflect the fact that they no longer allow authors to include a donate button on their story.

5.) Several of my readers have stated that they have login issues. Continuously. I know this isn't an issue of people forgetting their username/password, because it's happened to multiple people on multiple occasions. JukePop seems to "forget" that a person has created an account.

I could continue, but I think I've made my point.

These problems have bothered me for a long time, but since I put a lot of effort into publishing my story on the site, I really tried to give JukePop the benefit of the doubt, but I can't anymore.

I spent a couple of months running through my options in my mind. First, I seriously considered moving my story to Wattpad, another serial fiction site, whom I've heard good things about. I ultimately decided against this, because after my poor experience with JukePop, I don't want to be at the mercy of yet another serial site.

I also considered splitting my story into parts and just going for the gold and publishing it on Amazon. This is something I will probably eventually do, but I'm not really ready for that kind of commitment right now, since I'm working on a couple other stories.

So, I've finally decided to continue "City of Secrets" right here on my blog. Brilliant, right? Now, unfortunately, I won't have the assistance of a serial site helping me market, but honestly, JukePop was crap at that anyway. This way, I'm in control. I have the power.

Since I'm relocating my story, I will be starting back at chapter one. This may disappoint those of you who are up to date on it, but don't worry, I promise I'm going to catch up fast and will be posting new chapters soon. I'll be posting 3 chapters a week until I get back to where it's at now, and then I will go back to weekly chapters. I feel like this is the best decision. I'm very excited to start again and see where it goes. Thank you all for your support and understanding. Look for chapter 1 in a couple of days.

Hey, have you liked my Facebook page yet? You totally should. Thanks.
Facebook.com/BeckyMunyonAuthor