Thursday, September 1, 2016

Our Pets Are Our Children

Raise your hand if your pet is like your child (my hand is up). Raise your hand if you know someone whose pet is like their child (my other hand is up). Okay, good. Lots of hands. Now that I have your attention, you can put them down.

While my cat is my buddy and I go a little crazy over him sometimes, I'm not here to talk about my cat. I want to talk about my good friend's cat, Merlin (that's the cat's name, not my friend's name. That would be weird).

I met Merlin several years ago when I became roommates with his owner. I got along with Merlin great. It took my cat a little bit longer to warm to him, though they eventually accepted one another--sort of. Merlin is a big fluff ball. He's one of those cats you go to pet, and you're like, "Where's the cat? All I feel is fur." Merlin is quiet and sweet and likes everyone. He does that thing that a few cats do where they sit with their tongue out; it's very cute. Merlin spent a lot of time in my room, which was slightly weird because of his relationship with my cat. Because Merlin is a fluff ball, he sheds a lot. When my roommate moved out, there were tufts of Merlin fur everywhere. I joked that maybe Merlin was a species of alien cat that was trying to take over the world via fur, and the little balls of fur would turn into tiny Merlins.

Sadly, this is not the case. The balls of fur were just regular balls of fur, and Merlin is a regular Earth kitty with no alien super powers. This means that when Merlin has health problems, he needs Earth veterinarians to help him. Earth veterinarians need money. You've probably guessed by now that this is going to a sad place.

Merlin has a serious condition, and may need a serious operation to fix it. I'm not going to go into details here, because I don't want to make anyone do redundant reading. Merlin's owner/Mom has set up a gofundme to try and raise money to help him. There you will find all the details about his condition. If there's anything you can do to help, that would be really, really awesome. If you can't donate, please share and help get the word out. Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheMerlinKitty?rcid=f20903926f3011e6b21bbc764e065f4f

No comments:

Post a Comment