Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yay, I'm finished! (Sort of)

     The other day I finished the first draft of my young adult dark fantasy novel, Caribou Canyon. That is totally a working title. I hate titles, but that's a whole other topic of conversation. Today I'm calling the genre dark fantasy, as opposed to paranormal fantasy, partially because I like the ring of "dark fantasy." That is also a conversation for another time. The point is that I finished the first draft of my second novel.
     Yay!
     Time to celebrate!
     Cartwheels and confetti and back flips! (metaphorically speaking)
     Yay!
     This is a really exciting moment for many reasons. First, when I started writing seriously, I had this fear that my first novel was a fluke. I was certain that I would never have other ideas worthy of filling enough pages to be a novel. I also didn't think I'd continue to have the motivation to write entire novels, but it seems as though I had nothing to fear.
     Yay!
     This is also very exciting because I really wasn't sure I was going to be able to execute my little baby nugget of an idea that pretty much went like this: there are some people in a town and there are some ghosts and people get killed. But somehow I managed it and I'm very excited. Did I mention my excitement?
     Not only didn't I finish draft one, but I've already got ideas on how to improve it for the next draft and I have an idea for yet another novel.
     I'm going to take a little bit of a break from writing so I can breathe. Blogging doesn't count. I'm still allowed to blog. And write short stories. And plan my next novel. Okay, so I need to work on learning to relax. Topic for another post.
     Yay! I'm finished! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment